Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hand Saw Sharpening Inquiry

"Philly" wrote in
news:xp0lk.79$7N1.26@trnddc06:

Does anyone on the rec do there own sharpening of large crosscut and
rip hand saws? If so, what do you do for a saw vise? I am interested
in an old Disston #3 saw vise and would like to know if anyone on the
rec has run in to anybody looking to sell one at a good price.

Philly

I simply clamped mine to the table with a quick grip clamp. As I got
further down from where it was clamped, I moved the clamp. Easy, and I
already had all the parts. ;-)

Puckdropper