Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Way to go den ...

dennis@home coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Tim S" wrote in message
Andy Burns coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 02/08/2008 22:35, Andy Hall wrote:

Would you still have the same opinion had it been you that had been the
patient in cardiac arrest with a few minutes before permanent brain
damage would have set in?

Presumably in this case having to stop after the accident negated the
time saved by speeding?

I think the key issue here, unless one believes that ambulances should
have
a man with a red flag walking in front, is why was the woman with the dog
seemingly oblivious to blues n twos? It's highly unfortunately that her
dog
got run over, but my point stands...

Lets see..
how many blind people use the roads?

Generally have dogs who are specifically trained to pay attention and if
not, I don't think you'll find many who can miss the sirens.

how many deaf people use the roads?

Would be looking diligently (I have deaf people in my family, believe me,
they don't take a quick look then wander across with their head in a
newspaper.

how many kids use the roads?

Your only substantial point so far. I'm training my kids to stop, look and
listen to quote the old 1970's film.

Now do you sound foolish?

Seems I'm in good company.

OK - well legislate that all emergency vehicles maintain the speed limit no
matter what. Will you be happy on the day (and I hope you don't) need their
services?

completely oblivious. After a couple of police cars, you might generally
expect an ambulance or fire tender.

So why hadn't you moved over far enough?

Unless you've found a way to allow solid matter to pass through solid
matter, it was otherwise impossible. Next time I'll take photos just so I
can argue the toss with you dennis.

You may have the last word :-D

Cheers

Tim