Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to remove oak hardwood floor?

I have a kitchen where the previous owner put tiles down over a
hardwood floor. Needless to say it did not hold up very well over the
years. I want to remove the old tiles and then remove the hardwood
flooring so that I can put down cement board and then re-tile. I
can't put cement board over the hardwood because it would raise the
level of the floor too high. Are there any special tools for prying
up hardwood pieces? (I have no interest in saving the wood.) Is
there such a thing a zero-clearance saw where I can cut around
cabinets etc?