Tim Jenkins

Default Bricks above Patio door

"Mike Taylor" wrote in
message ...
I suspect your house is pre 1970 construction in that the inner leaf of

the
cavity wall has a lintol probably concrete and the outer skin had a

soldier
course built into the top of the old window frame. If that is the case

then
there will not be a lintol above the door holding the bricks up
Either repoint them and hope,
Get a pice of100 x 100 angle, cu out the bricks above with a support then
insert the angle on to the frame with a 150 bearing onto the bricks eac

side
or get a metal lintol Catnic, IG or similar and replace both skins
The choice is yours

Cheers Mike. You're spot on, it's a 1969 built house ! Think I'll got for
the 100x100 angle - sounds the easiest. Many thanks.
Tim.