Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Professionals Reply Only

HeyBub wrote:
evodawg wrote:

Have you noticed that our choices for Pro Line Tools are diminishing
fast! It use to be there was 4 or 5 choices for good quality power
tools. Black and Decker has bought up 3 of those products and now
turned them into CRAP! What are our choices now? None. Most of my
power tools are Porter Cable and I have had great luck with them. I
have a 14.4 drill/driver that has lasted 7 years and I use it
everyday. I have already seen the quality of this tool drop from Pro
Line to Week End Warrior status. What are we suppose to use now when
we want Quality and Dependability?

Bosch comes to mind and Festool, but I'm not sure who builds these.
I'm sure every tool built now comes with China fasteners and what few
metal parts are left in them. I'm just getting sick of large corps.
buying these tool makers and turning them into cheap ass trash not
even worthy of Weekend Warrior Status.

I needed to VENT and was wondering what you guys think of this trend?

I think it's a good idea. There are electrical hand tools (drills, saws,
etc.) that were made 50 years ago that still work swell.

But who would use them? Compared to today's products, these ancient models
are heavy, bulky, and limited in function. Heck, they don't even have built
in lights, bubble-levels, or radios.

I'm assuming that that was tongue in cheek. I don't care if my drill
weighs 10 lbs. if I need to drill a hole in a truck frame, and only have
to do that every couple years or so. I can (and do) keep a cheap
consumer grade model around for around-the-house tasks.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel