Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Paperless

J. Clarke wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article
,
AZ Nomad wrote:

WTF would I need a 4 year old canceled check for?

Statute of limitations on tax fraud is 6 years. If audited they
can
require canceled checks for anything and everything. Even "normal"
stuff is 3 years.

I thought it was 7, but either way it's a reason for keeping records for
longer than just a short time certainly.

Why would they want cancelled checks for anything that you didn't
claim as a deduction?

The bank would know which check to hold on to because you used it as a
deductible item or not???? (IOW, it really doesn't matter for what
reason one may need a record--if needed, it's needed).