Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
M.L. M.L. is offline

Default clothes washers and dryers for older units with "weak" plumbing?

That's about the only thing I could think of, too. But HOA fees go
up, so do the taxes. But for those who want to wear the badge of
"home ownership" I guess it's better than renting.

Homeowner association fees only go up to cover costs; they are
not-for-profit corporations, and if you weren't paying the money to them,
you'd be paying it on exterior maintenance and all the things that the
association pays for.

That's a bit naive. Some HOAs hire family or friends to do work and jack up
the labor costs, or overpay for admin work.