Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default storage of spare sump pump

I live in Ohio not far from cinci and have a sump that collects and pumps
water almost comstantly. It pumps so often that my pumps give up the ghost
and quit in just 18 months or two years. Usually it happens in the dead of
night or after all stores are closed for the weekend so I wind up cleaning a
flooded basement not deep just an inch or two.So after a few floods I
learned my lesson and bought a spare pump to keep on hand. Last week my pump
failed (bad switch) I was able to swap pumps with NO (hurray) flood and fix
the pump. Now to my question Should I swap pumps again? thus keeping the
spare pump with lesser wear in reserve. Or should I just put the used pump
in storage for when I need it? In any case how should I prepare the pump to
be stored? I have no clue about what to do to store it.

Larry in cinci