Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane hot water - set on a timer?

On Sat 02 Aug 2008 08:31:05a, told us...

My propane hot water heater will kick on two or three times each night
to maintian its temperature. It plugs into an outlet for
electricity. Can I plug it into a timer so the water heater does not
turn on until just before we get up in the morning?

Yes, of course you can, assuming that its thermostat and ignition system are
electrically operated. Make sure that the timer you choose is rated for the
proper voltage and amperage required by the water heater. Most common timers
are designed for controlling lighting, but there are also many that are
designed for controlling appiances.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 08(VIII)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)