Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Looks like PC is following the path of B&D

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 05:55:22 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Aug 2, 8:38*am, "Leon" wrote:
About 35-40 years ago B&D was a decent brand tool. *Then they started color
coding their power tools into cheaper built units. *Looks like they are
leading PC sown that same path. *The tools even look kinda B&D'ish.

For less than $160 you can get an 18v combo kit including a Drill/Driver,
Circle saw, Recip saw, and Flash light.

Or, a 120 volt 13amp circular saw with laser for $59.99.

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/.../binary/PCPric...

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com:...Tools+From+Por...

Yup! And another one gone, another bites the dust.....
I already am well aware of PC having done the moonwalk for a while.
Their production routers used to last me a few (as much as 8) years,

That was in the not so distant past when they used to wind their own
motors in house in Jackson, TN.

then the later ones they were dead in (max) 2 years. Bearings. That
all happened when the motors became too small to fit in the older
bases. Crap. Just another example of idiots at the wheel.

Now they buy those sets from whatever offshore source.........

I won't even bundle them with B & D and Ryobi and such.. When you buy
today's B & D, you KNOW it's crap...to put a name like PC on it, is
downright misleading.

Makes me want to cry.

Those $ 200K MBA's are doing a bang-up job, eh? " Look, boss, I saved
us another 2 million by going to even cheaper plastic!!"

I can assure you those guys have never used a tool.

No wonder that the more serious (professional) tool jockeys are
spending extra for Festool. You just can't trust the other guys
anymore.

See reference to crying above.

Frank