Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Graduation day draws nigh

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 01:07:16 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

After my quintuple bypass I got enlisted to 24 sessions of "cardiac
rehab", paid for by medicare I guess. Thanks to y'all contributors.

Got my address for reparations? Good!

[snippage]

achieve and sustain an elevated but safe heartrate. That's physical
and it's important, but relevant stress ain't all physical. Sometimes
it isn't even primarily physical. It is, however, very individual.
Condx that would create nearly intolerable stress to one individual
may be a yawn for another. The trick is to learn when to yawn.

Excellent point.

The perspective that I try to bring to the party is that nobody ever
got a bodybag by missing someone else's expectation of schedule or
whatever.

The 4-letter definition of that is "lazy", Don. Just so you know.

I shook hands with Joe and bade him good luck today. We skipped the
hugs, this not being California or anything. We've kidded each other
along thru rehab. He seemed to appreciate it. We've talked about
stress, I hope I gave him some perspective. He seems like one hell of
a decent guy. Mar thinks so too. Mar's eclectic sense of character
has been infallible so far but it's only been 25 years...

Man, you must be an older fart than I thought.

Evil Mark (staffer) keeps raising the bar for me with sadistic glee.
Today he set the bar at 3.2 mph on the treadmill, 2% grade, 20
minutes. That must sound like feathers to y'all young chargers, but
it ain't bad for the likes of me and we. Then the hard part: the
freakin' Airdyne. God how I hate that SOB but I'm gaining on it. The
first 19 mintues (of 20 ) are always the hardest.

Ugh! That really sounds fun. [not] My physical therapist (24 years
ago) was also named Mark. I think it was short for "Marquis de Sade",
don't you? And I constantly reminded him of it.

I think it's best to have as much fun as possible before ya die, and
then to die as quickly and neatly as possible. Take as many dragons
as possible with if there be deserving dragons at a propitious time.

A M E N to that, Don. Welcome back to the world of the living. Now
get your ass back on that Airdyne and go graduate, wot?
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt