Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Leaking Cistern

Zen83237 wrote:

I had to replace the syphon in the close coupled wc and now I can't stop the
damn thing from leaking. I have fitted a new rubber bung so what is the
knack for getting the thing to seal properly. The next step will be copious
amounts of sealer but I dont see that it should need that.

Is it leaking from between the cistern and pan when flushed, into the
pan all the time, or between the cistern and pan all the time?

The rubber bung - do you mean the rubber ring at the cistern/pan joint?
If so, was it exactly the same size as the old one?
Has it been slightly crushed on one side when fitting?

More info required, but undoubtedly it will be a simple fix, unless you
have cracked the new siphon when replacing it.
Alan.