Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Looks like PC is following the path of B&D

On Aug 2, 8:38*am, "Leon" wrote:
About 35-40 years ago B&D was a decent brand tool. *Then they started color
coding their power tools into cheaper built units. *Looks like they are
leading PC sown that same path. *The tools even look kinda B&D'ish.

For less than $160 you can get an 18v combo kit including a Drill/Driver,
Circle saw, Recip saw, and Flash light.

Or, a 120 volt 13amp circular saw with laser for $59.99.

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/.../binary/PCPric...

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com:...Tools+From+Por...

Yup! And another one gone, another bites the dust.....
I already am well aware of PC having done the moonwalk for a while.
Their production routers used to last me a few (as much as 8) years,
then the later ones they were dead in (max) 2 years. Bearings. That
all happened when the motors became too small to fit in the older
bases. Crap. Just another example of idiots at the wheel.

I won't even bundle them with B & D and Ryobi and such.. When you buy
today's B & D, you KNOW it's crap...to put a name like PC on it, is
downright misleading.

Those $ 200K MBA's are doing a bang-up job, eh? " Look, boss, I saved
us another 2 million by going to even cheaper plastic!!"

No wonder that the more serious (professional) tool jockeys are
spending extra for Festool. You just can't trust the other guys
anymore.