Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark F Mark F is offline

Default Newsgroups access - sort of OT

Michael Koblic wrote:
My *&%@#$&^* ISP dropped newsgroups today without any warning.
I am on through Motzarella but I wonder: What do others use? What do you
consider the best way to access newgroups? What do you get if you pay
vs. for free?

Thanks,

crquack

shaw still have the ones I want...
google groups?
If you have high speed, I buy 10 GB of download from usenext, while
their policy says one month, it usually lasts me several, not bad for
10 bucks. Lots of binaries, video, images, fairly well managed
reassembly of any available file fragments etc. Good search facility.
YOu can get a free trial, I think. THey have "some" free groups, but
limited.

If you are stuck with dialup, as I was until Shaw bought out the local
cableco, ....

cheers / mark on Salt Spring