Posted to uk.d-i-y
thescullster thescullster is offline

Default Bosch Washing Machine Q

"Thomas Prufer" wrote

I know that 'un: It's supposed to unscrew, counterclockwise. There's a lid
wot's
got two things sticking out front, i.e. axially at the edge, with roundish
plate
on the end. Covers the pump impeller. There's a port on the left hand side
of
the hole it's in, and most likely a bit of wire, coin or whatever's lodged
in
the port, preventing the lid being turned past said port. "Bit lodged in
pump
port" would also fit "drainage problem".

I got the lid off by turning the machine on its left side.

Next option would have been to buy a spare drain cover, and then chop the
existing one to pieces in place.

Thomas

Many thanks - your diagnosis was correct!
The offending items we
2 wires out of bras
a chunk of fluffy stuff
1 plastic paper clip thing

I have no idea how the clip got through. It is a rectangular piece of
plastic about 8mm wide and 12mm long say 2mm thick.
Can these things get forced past the seal somehow? No way did it go through
the drum holes!

To get access, I tipped the washer over at 45 degrees leant against the
fridge freezer.
From underneath, disconnected the main hose from the drum to the drain pump
at the drain pump end.
Fished out the wires which were poking down the port where the main hose
connects to the drain pump housing.
Repeatedly tightened and slackened the pump cover until it gave in and
unscrewed!
Even after a thorough clean, the fitting and removal of the cover is still
not mega user friendly IMHO.

Thanks again

Phil