Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a fused CU ?

In article ,
Tim S writes:

And a true pervert would put in an industrial Type B 20 way SPSN board
filled with double pole RCBO's ;-

A real man, of course, has 3 phase...

Cheers

Tim

PS - I was seriously lusting after MEM's 8-way Type A board (well, 2,
stacked) with SP+SN busbar and matching RCBOs.

Until I priced it...

Well, I went for the MEM (now Eaton) AM industrial range for
home...
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/cu1.jpg
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/cu2.jpg

It's very nice to use compared to cheap plastic ones, and
in the case of DIY, that's where you can spend the money
you saved by DIYing it, although I think you're looking
at around £320 for what's in that picture. More bits were
added just afterwards which I had to wait for as they
were ordered from MEM. This was the 3rd MEM AM range CU
I fitted in different places.

(The extra box above is to extend the wires which weren't
long enough after removing the old CU.)

--
Andrew Gabriel