Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default OT Paperless

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:55:40 -0500, metspitzer
wrote:
Going paperless would be a good thing except for one thing. It is too
complicated.

I was trying to change my phone features online. They wanted me to
agree to go paperless so I said ok Why not? I am having to log on
anyway.

So.............You have to furnish your phone number..... ok.....then
You have to furnish your last 4 ss number ok then
They want to send you a conformation number by phone or mail (no
email) ok then
Pick your username ok I try my email address. Too many characters
ok I pick my nickname..........Name already in use ok

Now.........what is your favorite pets name

I'd recommend you have your neighbor's nine year old set it up for you.
It's trivial for anybody who isn't a moron.

Not neccesarily. I went paperless with my phone bill.

When I had a problem, I called their 800 number to ask about the offending
calls on my wireless bill..
"Ah yes",she says "I see them, but I can't tell you what they were. You have
to go online to get that information."

So I go to their web site. When I try to login it says my password is wrong.
But this is the password on my magic list of passwords that hasn't changed
in a long time. So now I click the link that will let me reset the pass
word. Now I get the challenge question popup. I should pick a question from
the list to prove it is me.

Next problem, There aren't any questions to answer. I set this up before
they changed the system and the question list is empty. OK it says click
here and we will text you a new pasword. If they can't text it they will
send it by snail mail after 48 hours. Well my wireless phone is not quite an
antique, but it won't receive text, it doesn't take pictures or movies. It
doesn't have GPS capability. It is what I wanted . It is a telephone and
nothing else.

Four days later I get the snail mail with my new password.

Do you think the phone company is just a bit out of control?

I won't tell you the name of the company, but you can fill in the blanks,
V-r-z-n.

As the comedian says "Is this a great country or not?"

Charlie