Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Changing that belt - all the replies

In article , "Eigenvector" wrote:

The only way I could do it was unbolt the bed and tip it sideways to lower
the pulley - then I just used that big cast iron mass to leverage it back
into place. Like I said, the belt is the absolute minimum size necessary to
work. I'll never get a belt from them again. That said, the jointer is
purring like a kitten now, all fresh and clean.

If there truly is no mechanism for adjusting the belt tension -- and I bet
there is; check the manual -- then next time, get a link belt.