Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Replacing a fused CU ?

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:44:36 +0100, wrote:

On 1 Aug,
Andy Wade wrote:

If the CU in question is the Wylex standard type, or one of its clones,
a worthwhile low-cost upgrade is to replace the rewireable fuses and
fuse carriers with HRC cartridge fuses:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Consumer_Units_Index/Wylex_Standard_Carriers/index.html

Or even with these?
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Consumer_Units_Index/Wylex_Standard_Range/index.html

Haven't you replaced that CU yet? I thought I was the one that
procrastinated :-)

I bought a split load Wylex CU over a year ago (from Screwfix) and was
going to change it myself, but as I had the kitchen re-hashed a bit
later and would have to (well, you know!) go some sort of 'official'
route I got the leccy who did the kitchen wiring to change the CU.

It all saved going 17th edition... The supply to the fridge/freezer
(using the old cooker supply ) is now a non-RCD radial feed (labelled
as such).

--
Frank Erskine