Brett A. Thomas

Default Width of boards for Panel Glue Up

In article ,
"James \"Cubby\" Culbertson" writes:
Thanks. Unfortunately, with knotty pine, I'm trying to avoid cutting
the knots and then jointing. What I'd end up with is half a knot
then pure grain and that wouldn't look so good. I think I'm just
gonna try building the panels based on where the knots are and hope
I don't get warping. I might install a couple of cleats on the back
of the panels to help prevent it. Thanks for the help.

Er, I've never actually worked with knotty pine, but aren't the knots
supposed to be sound in that stuff?

Also, I don't think you ever said what these panels are for.

-BAT