Posted to alt.home.repair
dicko dicko is offline

Default Two devices, only a single electrical box

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:01:16 GMT, "Calab" wrote:

Howdy!

In our bedroom, the light switch is in a single gang electrical box. This
switch seperately controls the ceiling fixture and ceiling fan.

I want to replace this switch with a ZWave dimmer, but I don't have anywhere
to install a fan control. The electrical box is mounted in a position where
I can't fit a double gang box. I can't find any ZWave controller that will
allow ZWave to dim the lights, and manually control a fan.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can deal with this?

Thanks!

You can install a z wave fixture relay up at the fan itself. You can
add a second box in the attic if you wish to hold it.
http://store.homeseer.com/store/Fixt...ules-C107.aspx

and a zwave switch in the existing box to control the light.

Of course you wont get a wall mounted switch to control the fan.
You'll only be able to control it via zwave.

-dickm