Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help with building design!

stryped fired this volley in news:eee750ad-c385-
:
Can I string level the bottom skirt boards then just measure from this
to the top for the location of the top boards?

Yeah. But "string level" doesn't suit my tastes over that length. Use a
water level, and get it dead-on with absolutely no more work. You don't
need a pre-built level, just a length of relatively small-bore
transparent hose (no, you don't even need a reservoir).

By the way, where did you get those salvaged telephone poles? I called
the power company but they dont sell them.

I got mine from the power company. Locales vary. Square posts make a
better barn, in terms of fit and finish.

However, you've written over and over about 4x4 posts. Don't. 6x6 is
about the minimum for that size structure.

LLoyd