Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DaveB DaveB is offline

Default Hydraulic lathes?

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:50:45 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

"Denis G." wrote in news:a4003630-b489-4b03-bd1e-
:

I've seen descriptions of hydraulic systems made by companies like
Enerpac that control the balancing of bridge sections to keep them
level while being positioned with cranes. I know that hydraulics can
be controlled with electronics and proportional or servo valves.
Probably it's difficult to beat mechanical feed and leadscrews because
it's a simple and accurate system, but I was just curious.

Hydraulic feed is an _old_old_ technology. Very inefficient also. Reliable
control can also be a significant issue.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

We do it all the time with applications that make leadscrews
impossible.

The last five machines we built have had zero follow-up calls.

This must be an area that you are unfamiliar with.
Daveb