Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Freezer problem

wrote in message
On Jul 31, 9:31 am, Woodie wrote:
In the freezer portion of my fridge I've started having a problem with
frost build-up.
I went on a four day trip, and when I came back everything in the
freezer had a thick coating of frosty ice crystals.
I thought perhaps I had left the door cracked a bit so I cleaned off the
frost, checked the door seals - they seem air tight, and closed it back
up.
But the frost continues to build no matter what I do. My first thought
was an air leak letting humidity into the freezer, but the seals seem
fine.
It cools fine - i can turn the thermostat down cold enough to freeze
everything in the fridge portion too.

What else can cause this?

I am still betting on the door seal. That frost is water. The
water has to get there somehow. It does come out of the air.

--

there's something wrong with the defrost, probably the relay.