Posted to alt.home.repair
Woodie[_2_] Woodie[_2_] is offline

Default Easy-install wall hooks: where to get?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
A couple years ago one of my customers (handyman) had me hang a mirror
in her home, and gave me a type of hook I'd never seen before. Amazingly
simple and effective: it was a large curved piece of hardened steel wire
with a sharp point at one end and a hook at the other. One simply jammed
it into a wall (drywall, not old-style plaster), pushed it through, and
voila! a strong hook ready to hang stuff on.

I remember she said she got it at Home Despot, I think. Thing is, I've
looked for these hooks since and have never seen them anywhere. They
might have been advertised on TV as well. Had a catchy name like "Super
Hooks", "Mega Hooks" or some such.

Anyone seen these? Know where to get them? I'd like to have a supply on
hand. For simple tasks like hanging anything heavier than a picture on a
wall, they're the best I've seen.

That obnoxious Billy Mays shills these things on TV.

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=389