Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default OT - Sam's Club warranties?

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

PS: If you think UPS batteries are expensive, look at the prices on
replacements for electric wheelchairs. $250 & up, plus shipping. They
aren't much different, but there is almost no competition in the
medical market.

I'm in that business, and they're exactly the same batteries. It isn't
that there's no competition, it's that if you call it for medical
equipment, you can charge more.

Spare parts pricing on medical equipment is outrageous, and I'm a power
medical equipment service/repair tech part time for a non-profit DME
dealer. And, of course, we can't cut the retail prices much more than
about 20% because something has to keep the lights on, the staff paid,
etc. etc. and there just isn't that much margin in the retail prices.