Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiki: Backup power

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:13:47 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

(If you have a power cut while the computer is on, but the monitor is
off, and you find you need to turn the monitor on to close down the
system gracefully and get yourself out of whatever docs you left open.
it can be quite annoying if the monitor switch on surge resets the
computer! DAMHIK)

Same as me I suspect BTDTGTTS. B-) In my case just an ordinary 15" CRT
monitor not a big jobbie. I don't think LCD monitors have the big switch
on surge of CRTs.

--
Cheers
Dave.