Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Freezer problem

Woodie wrote:
In the freezer portion of my fridge I've started having a problem with
frost build-up.
I went on a four day trip, and when I came back everything in the
freezer had a thick coating of frosty ice crystals.
I thought perhaps I had left the door cracked a bit so I cleaned off the
frost, checked the door seals - they seem air tight, and closed it back up.
But the frost continues to build no matter what I do. My first thought
was an air leak letting humidity into the freezer, but the seals seem fine.
It cools fine - i can turn the thermostat down cold enough to freeze
everything in the fridge portion too.

What else can cause this?

Hi,
Check the fan