Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Tom[_18_] Tom[_18_] is offline

Default Mysterious Water Leak

"Bob" wrote in message

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
Tom wrote:
Hi, this morning I cleaned up a mess in my basement caused by a water
leak. Most of the water was on the floor of the bathroom and surrounding
areas, including under the Whirlpool water heater that was installed
3 - 4 years ago.
I checked all the water pipes and fittings in the bathroom but they were
dry and apparently not the source of the leak.
After mopping up the water it appears no more water is leaking.

I would suspect faulty water heater pressure relief valve. I've had that
problem a couple of times.

do you have pressure tank on hot water heater? closing off the main cut
off may give you less room for heat expansion of the water, so it blows
out the relief valve.

Whirlpool water heater