Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default 100 yr old Brick home-need advice please

On Jul 31, 7:00*am, " wrote:
On Jul 31, 2:15*am, (Jrg Dmg) wrote:

Hello, I *lurk here occasionally and have read many good tips.

About an hour ago, some bricks *above the 2nd story windows, prolly 2-3
feet below the flat roof just fell to the ground!

About 100 bricks....(?) of the outside layer. *I can see another layer
still intact (so far)

I'm quite stunned. *Please post any thoughts/ advice. * I'm sure I will
learn as I go... but it would be nice to have some tips ahead of time. *

Thank you in advance, Dmg

Both John and Edwin are correct, IMHO.
Look for a 'Forensic Architect or Engineer'.
The underlying cause and the extent of the problem must be known
before a fix can be suggested.
Where is the building?

An hour ago 100 bricks fell, so in an hour 1000 more bricks could
fall, and you first write here, instead of being on the phone trying
to get someone, the city, an engineer, contractor or mason out
immediatly out to your home, how about a photo! I say troll, but if
not get out a few pros now. Post a photo for better advise.