Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Urz Bob Urz is offline

Default Viewsonic VX715 LCD

Chris F. wrote:

But I subbed that whole board with a known good one, and it did the same
thing......
"me" wrote in message

"Chris F." wrote in
:

I've got two of these with the exact same symptom. The backlight cuts
out
a few seconds after powering, and stays out until the the unit is
turned off/on again. There are two boards in this; the power supply,
and signal processing/CPU. I subbed the power supply board with a
confirmed good one from another unit and got the same result, ruling
out that board as the cause. Also tried disconnecting the backlight
cables one at a time, but no change. It appears that a signal from the
CPU board is causing the backlight to shut off. Is there any solution
other than replacing the CPU board?

I saw somewhere that replacing the capacitors by the HV coils for the back
light fixes the problem (this works as I have used it to fix the problem).

News==----
http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Assuming you swapped both the main power supply board and the inverter
board with no change, you probably got worn or bad tubes.

I am dealing with a gateway 18" now with similar issues.

Most of these inverters have intelligent controller that shut down the
inverter if the lamps do not strike fast enough, are open circuit,
or draw too much current.

Without hot-wiring the protection circuits, you may not get to the
bottom of the problem.

bob