Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default OT - Sam's Club warranties?

Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:40:19 -0500, Randy wrote:

Not a bad idea. I'll probably try that when I purchase the next UPS. Hopefully, this one
will have a new battery in a few days, but I doubt I'll get a new warranty with it, just
the balance of the existing one.

Your average UPS gets warm or even hot in use, Many repceipts are on
thermal paper, when you open the bag you taped to the bottom it will
be blank or totally black. beware.

Thank You,
Randy

I had 4 yrs worth of receipts all nicely catagorized for tax purposes,
stored in a filing cabinet in one of my outbuildings...here in the
desert....

They are now interesting bits of blank paper

Yep, Enough reason to photocopy ALL receipts before storing them, and then keeping the
thermal receipts along with them. It *may* be that infrared would pull out the originals
if it ever became necessary.