Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default OT - Sam's Club warranties?

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Al Patrick" wrote in message
news
One last comment (?) on this subject that I thought needed to be clarified
but I didn't want to make it too long at the time. ...Concerning the fact
that the "gentleman" *seemed* somewhat disappointed to have to tell me
that I wasn't at all protected by the "warranty" I had paid for four years
ago - don't forget that Hollyweird pays people every day to *seem* to be
things they are not ! Why should we think that Wally World couldn't or
wouldn't do the same thing? Both are interested in the BOTTOM LINE and
little else so I wasn't "fooled" by his "apparent" concern! :-)

I like the comment about "insurance fraud" when folks give you a
"warranty" and put it on thermal paper so it is GUARANTEED to fade out to
nothing in just a few weeks! :-)

I'm the "gentleman" I presume... I just re-read your original post and for
the first time noticed that it was an extended warranty. I was under the
impression that it only had a 2 year warranty after my first and innacurate
reading. Sorry for the misunderstanding and potentially useless / rude
sounding comment / reply.

The "gentleman" I was referring to was the Sam's Club representative who called and
"seemed" to be so sorry that he could not set up a service call for this UNLESS I had
already replaced the batteries and that did not fix the problem. The batteries cost
almost exactly the same as a new UPS.

I have no problems with any of the comments online--at least not with any that I read and
I *think* I read them all. :-)

Al