Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil Nil is offline

Default Dishwasher hookup leak

On 28 Jul 2008, dpb wrote in alt.home.repair:

Unless it's terribly _tight_ as opposed to loose tolerances, 1
turn after fingers can't be very tight at all...how much actual
torque are you applying is the key...

Give it another turn and your problems will all go away I'm
betting.

Well, you were right. I had tightened it quite a lot, so I thought, but
I forced it another turn... and it's been holding perfectly dry now for
almost two days. I could probably have turned it even a little farther,
but I was afraid that it would end pointing in a direction that would
have made impossible to attach the water supply.

So, I was being a wuss. I guess I just needed to assert my masculinity,
and I now feel more aggressive and hairier. Thanks!

Group hug!