Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default math help

stryped wrote:
For that small a job, I'd be tempted to make up my own trusses with
gusset-glue-n-nail. They're not code anywhere anymore, but simple to
make, and plenty strong enough for a simple pole barn.

How would i go about making my own trusses like that?

I set up a place in an old "wagon sheed" with a flat level
spot at each place where a splice plate was to go and pre-cut
all the 1/2 " plywood peices (one on each side of the joints)
Nailed and glued the joints as I made them. Am pretty sure it was
a W truss. (probably lots of refrences to truss design on the web)
I did use one foot overhang on the truss ends but none on the gable
ends.

...lew...