Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Holts Piston Seal

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Spamlet wrote:

Mind you: the engineering is now so much more reliable in the first
place that we can get away with it for phenomenal mileages. Just a
shame to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater somewhat when
repairs are eventually needed.

Now where did I put my adjustable reamer...

scrappies still exist. A friend re-engined an old car from a scrappie
engine where his daughter had foolishly run it with no water in it..

They do - but are nothing like as numerous as once. EU regs on fluids etc
leaking into the soil made it an expensive business to get a licence.

There used to be several quite close to here - all gone.

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.