Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dry Rot

On Jul 30, 5:44*am, Mark wrote:
I discovered a nasty case of dry rot in the sill that rides on my
foundation. *Luckily, it looks like I caught it just in time, the floor
joists are still level and the sill isn't totally shot.

So, I thoroughly wet it down with a garden hose until I have most of the
dry rot washed away. *However, I don't really know how to keep it from
coming back, other than by wetting it down every day, which I am loath to
do.

So, how do I keep everything from drying out and rotting again? *Can I
install some sort of drip system like gardeners use? *What do most people
use to keep their basements damp enough to prevent dry rot?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Obvious troll. Use a humidifier to keep it damp.