Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.dcom.telecom.tech

Default Lightning protector for telephone NID

On Jul 29, 1:05�pm, "Bob F" wrote:
wrote in message

Thanks all for the replies.

Verizon should install a new NID

Well, this NID is only a piece of plywood with the lighting protector
screwed to it using two wood screws. I called Verizon repair first. Oh
yeah, I know the number by heart by now. They transferred me to
somewhere else who then transferred me to customer service. The latter
didn't even know what a LP was and said they would have to transfer me
to, yes you guessed it, repair. All CS could tell me was that if I had
their $6.00 per month "internal wiring protection plan" then it
wouldn't cost anything. They even tried to sell me the option on the
spot.

So, sign up for their plan for a month and get it fixed.

Theres a verizon CEO office complaint number, a NID IS NOT that surge
protector your talking about.

by chance are you using a different DSL provider reselling using
verizons lines?

thatr would explain everything

have you called your tates PUPLIC UTILITY COMISSION?

That will get verizon to install a new NID outside where it belongs.

by chance do you not for whatever reason want a outdoor NID?