Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default math help

Trusses typically have been too cheap to build your own, on a building that
size.
I'd price them before you commit to making your own.

"stryped" wrote in message
I am wanting to build a 24x30 pole barn garage. (Runnign out of room).
If I use a 5/12 pitch roof, what is the length of the other side? (I
am trying to determine the survae area of the roof to see if roofing
metal or shingles would be cheaper. I can get metal for 3 dollars a
foot.

Also, instead of purchasing trusses, could I just make a 2x4 ridge
board and run 2x4 rafters down from that?

Thanks!