Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Order in which to finish off my garage...

"jtpr" wrote in message
I am going to be finishing off my garage for a woodworking shop. I’m
interested in hearing about what would be the best order of doing
this, particularly the ceiling. Right now I have about a 19’ span of
2x8’s going across with no strapping. So, should I first put
strapping across, then drop in insulation, then a plywood floor (for
storage above), then sheetrock the ceiling? Or can I skip the
strapping, put the sheetrock on the edge of the joists, then drop in
the insulation, then the floor above? Does it matter if I do it first
or the walls?

I'm no expert, but a 19' span of 2" x 8"s doesn't sound as though it could
support much weight unless there was support columns in the middle.