Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Arbitration Clause for installing a water heater???

wrote in message
On Jul 29, 12:08 am, JayN wrote:
Well, I haven't sued anyone yet...just don't want to sign away that
right.

The simple low cost job will wind up costing me at least $1600. (the
heater plus special waggs (or watts) shutoff plus a Watts PRV valve
that allows backflow) And that price doesn't include the extra $76 in
"protection money" that my town charges me for the permit.

I live in North NJ and prices are expensive around here.

I remember the good ole' days 15 or 20 years ago when a water heater
only cost a mere $300. Today a water heater costs around triple what
it used to cost and will probably last half as long .

J.

For a simple, routine, low cost job like this, just get the damned thing
done. How much can you sue them for? $300? If you trust them, get it
done, otherwise move on. I'd probably not want to work for you.- Hide quoted
text -

If you're not comfortable with the arbitration clause, then just get
another plumber.

And let them know why they didn't get the job.