Posted to alt.home.repair
albee albee is offline

Default A/C electrical problem

Periodically, about 2-3 times a year, I notice an error code on our
thermostat, E2, which indicates a problem with the 24 v. power to it.
But before I can even do anything, within an hour or so, it's always
resolved itself. It's out again now, but this time I noticed that it
coincided (I imagine) with a power "issue". I now recognize that since
I have a UPS on my computers now, and heard it click. However, no
outage occurred in the rest of the house, so I imagine it was a spike.
Anyway, I've re-set the circuit (though it wasn't tripped) that gives
power to it, and it still says E2. Any thoughts on what it could be,
or what normally happens that has resolved itself in the past?