Posted to alt.home.repair
Don & Lucille Don & Lucille is offline

Default fridge - ice and water dispenser

FYI any water dispensers in the fridge wouldn't be chilled water
"Heathcliff" wrote in message
Am shopping for a new, side by side fridge. Almost all the models
have that through-the-door ice and water dispenser, which strikes me
as a needless complication. They are rare but I have found one or two
models that don't have it. They seem to use a little less
electricity, but are not cheaper to buy. So: do these dispensers
break down or cause problems? Or, would I come to love it? Right now
no one in the family routinely uses icel; we have a couple ice cube
trays in the freezer and when guests ask for ice, we pull them out and
the ice cubes have all sublimated down to where they rattle around in
there. We do sometimes keep a bottle of water in the fridge though.
If we buy one with the dispensers I will go ahead and hook up the
water supply. -- H