Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dishwasher hookup leak

On Jul 29, 12:08*pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"MLD" wrote in ...

"Nil" wrote in message
Just got a new dishwasher (Kenmore model 665.13834) and I'm having
trouble with the water hookup. I bought the required elbow that goes
between the water supply line and the water inlet valve. I just CANNOT
get it to not leak. I think I've finally gotten it to stop dripping
from the supply-side of the joint with the use of some teflon tape, but
I can't seem to stop the leak from the valve side.

Here's a picture of the assembly (the dishwasher is turned on its side
to expose the bottom):

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/dishwasher1.jpg

I've tried two different elbows. I've tried it with and without teflon
pipe tape. I've run out of ideas. Does anyone have any other tricks for
making water-tight connections in this kind of situation?

Your *problem might not be the elbow but the dishwasher itself. *Had a
similar problem with a water heater and a couple of valve replacements
(with all the appropriate fixes) did not stop the leak. *What stopped the
leak was running down the female heater threads with a thread making tool
(senior moment, can't think of its name) to clean them up and fix any
burrs etc..
MLD

die, as in the other part of a tap and die set

Female threads...he used a tap, right?

Joe

Joe