Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default converting 110 v glue gun to 12 volt?

(GregS) wrote in
:

In article , "richg99"
wrote:
I have need of a portable, low-temperature glue gun for model airplane
repair in the field. Any ideas about how I would go about converting a
standard $5.00 or so ( cheap) glue gun to use with my 12 volt auto
battery. I know I can put a converter on, but , for a variety of
reasons, I'd rather not do that. thanks, Rich

As if this isn't cheap enough.....

http://www.fitsmybudget.com/product.php?productid=16985

I could recommend a more expensive butane shrink wrap tool,
but you could also pull out a BIC and flick the stick.

greg

I think I'd rather use cyanoacrylate instead of hot glue for in-field model
repairs.

of course,if you're using a 12VDC-110VAC converter,then you can also use
your Dremel,charge NiCd packs,etc.
it would also be available for emergency use elsewhere.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik