Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TwoGuns TwoGuns is offline

Default Recycler pays less for die cast Aluminum. . . why?

On Jul 28, 5:58 pm, Mark Rand wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:14:20 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

True, but the OP's recycler pays $.34 for die cast and $.68 for all
other aluminum. The "all other" can vary widely in its alloy, too. If
they're paying twice as much for "all other", you'd think that they
would be more particular about its alloy.

Bob

Is it disingenuous to suggest that the OP should get a crucible for melting
(or pot, it's only scrap) and a length of angle iron for a mould and turn his
die cast scrap into "ingot". Then take it to the scrap yard.

Might be worth the effort for double the price G

Mark Rand
RTFM

I am the one that asked the question originally. Actually I have
thought about saving up the next batch of hard drives I get and doing
just that. I have a good friend that is into ceramics and she will let
me use her kiln any time I need it.

I want to thank you all for the good info you have posted.

GL2