Posted to alt.home.repair
Harlan Messinger Harlan Messinger is offline

Default should I put up a divider for bedroom to increase sale price?

BobK207 wrote:
On Jul 28, 9:06 pm, Michael wrote:
I own a 500 sq ft apartment in downtown DC. I’m trying to decide if
it would be worthwhile to put up a wall that splits the kitchen and
living room from the bedroom. Would the apartment be more valuable if
it’s sold as a one bedroom instead of a junior one bedroom? Here are
pictures of the "before" and "after":
current layout - without wall:http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...92434605NuYxFJ
with wall:http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...92434605NUopsG
Is the bedroom going to be way too small? For all of you that do not
live in a city, please do not blast me on this question because your
SUV is probably bigger than my apartment.

The cost of the wall should be about $1000. Last year I renovated the
apartment and put the kitchen in a different spot, so the apartment
now has a new layout that lends itself nicely to a division of the
apartment's bedroom and main living area.

I'd say go for it. Might have the bed room door open out against the
cabinet? I know bedroom doors typically open in but this bedroom is
pretty tight & the door swing takes up standing room...just a thought.

Suggestion: sliding door.