Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Edward Knobloch Edward Knobloch is offline

Default Replacement meter has fsd current about three times old damagedmeter.

terry wrote:

Great replies: thank for the thoughts and information.
Also for the unit specification; had no indication is was 25 mhz. up.
But the small size/length of the transmission line unit inside it
might have been some indication.
Seems to boild down to a) Look at and modify/jigger the values of the
resistors in the DC part of the switching circuit to increase meter
deflection 'as is'.

Hi,

I opened my Bendix 711-N to have a look-see:
The panel meter is by Honeywell.
The funny thing is that I have several spare Honeywell
meters of the right size, but unfortunately they are all 50uA,
and require a three-screw mounting, whereas the Bendix meter
uses a four-screw mounting.

Looking at the adjustment trimmers, I see two assemblies,
each with two trimmers ganged together. I guess the panel meter
itself establishes the 35W full scale sensitivity,
and the two trimmer assemblies are for the 75W and 300W scales.
The trimmers are ganged to simultaneously reduce fwd and refl
sensitivity.

73,
Ed Knobloch