Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Best Undermount Drawer Hardware?

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I'm looking for opinions.

I need to spec the slides for a vanity and don't feel like my
knowledge is current.

I've used "Hittich Quadro V6(21) S/C Full Extension Soft Close" undermounts
on my past four kitchens. Last time, paid about $23/pair for the 15" variety
recently. The front adjusting catch adds about $2/pair to that.

http://www.ovisonline.com/woodworkin...ides/under.htm

These are well engineered, German made slides, that are the best bang for
the buck that I've used, and I've used them all. I prefer them over the "blu
motion" by blum, and they're less expensive, with a more expensive feel, in
most sizes. Kitchens are a big selling point and these particular drawer
slides have indeed helped sell the kitchen with the ladies, and thus the
house.

About the only caveat is that you have to build the drawer to fairly precise
spec, with particular care in dimensioning your "drawer side" stock.
Precision in doing so is paramount for a hassle free installation, as there
ain't a hell of lot of room for slop.

This is not something you would have a problem with, but you won't be able
to subtract the usual inch from your drawer opening and build your drawers
to that width.

I've not had any problem with the catches, as another poster reported, and
have not had a single call back in well over 150 drawers in use.

Leon has seen these in action and may want to chime in with his impressions.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08