Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default Best Undermount Drawer Hardware?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:16:12 -0500, dpb wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:
I'm looking for opinions.

I need to spec the slides for a vanity and don't feel like my
knowledge is current.

Not so much opinion but might go to woodworkershardware.com and peruse
the catalog. Pretty much everything available is there...

I'll add cshardware.com to peruse a variety of choices.

Also, Hettich's website (hettich.com) has a pdf you can download with
detailed specs of their hinges and slides.

I used Hettich in the kitchen and I believe they were ranked a best
buy by one of the WW magazines.

Of the 17 or so drawers I have, 2 slides had problems related to the
little plastic "catch" thingie that helps draw the slide closed (did I
mention, they're self closing?). I think it (the plastic part) got
nicked or something and now has a worn spot that's making it miss the
"hook" on the opposing portion of the slide.

Anyway, can't compare 'em to the Blum, but the Blum are maybe 2x as
much.

Renata